Saturday, August 15, 2009

First Day of School

Monday was a big day at the Dewberry house. Liv got to go to 5th grade at Mommy's school, and Lauryn-Elizabeth became the only Dewberry at Eden Elementary. She had been okay with the idea.....until Liv and I started out of the door to leave. (Kevin takes Lauryn-Elizabeth.) Then her lower lip quivered just a tad and her eyes got a little misty. I had to kiss her extra and hug her but she still was pretty sad that Sissy was leaving her.


<

It has been okay though, because this week she has gotten to be on Safety Patrol like Liv used to be.

I have loved having Liv alone every morning. She and I are having good conversations and it is going to be a great boost to our relationship, I think. I had noticed her pulling away just a tad, as she was getting older. So I am very thankful for this alone time with her daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment