Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Voice of an Angel

(I should preface this by telling you that I am typing this with a cat laying across both my keyboard and my arms. She is also periodically reaching out to put her paw on my hand. I can only assume she is trying to convince me to stop typing so as to disturb her less. At any rate, it is too cute to make her leave, but it is tremendously difficult to type! Ha!)

Sunday night, the choir had a concert for the evening service. It was such a Godly time, praising and singing. I will never cease to feel blessed to be a part of a church that allows such a freedom in expressing your love and praise for our Lord. It is truly amazing.

But the very best part, to me, came after the service. Kevin, the girls, and I were walking out to the car, after having fellowshipped for a while. Daniel Bowman called us up to his car and told us the following story.

While Lauryn-Elizabeth was sitting in the balcony with her friend and her mom (since
Kevin and I were with the choir onstage), she was singing along with the choir. Now
Lauryn-Elizabeth enjoys singing, and generally does everything completely whole-
heartedly. (It is such a joy to watch her devote her whole heart and soul to whatever
project she has thrown herself into at that moment.) So I have no doubt that she was
singing with all the praise in her body. So, Daniel's father in law stopped watching the
choir, and focused on Lauryn-Elizabeth. He took his glasses off and began to weep a bit,
at her sweet, childish devotion. (Shouldn't we all have that child-like devotion?) Daniel said
that he was completely enamoured with her sweet voice.

Ok, so the doting mom in me, gets a bit misty when I hear of others seeing what I have always known. My Lauryn-Elizabeth has the best, most pure heart of anyone on earth! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment