Monday, July 20, 2009

And a Little Child Shall Lead Them......

Yesterday morning at church was amazing, for more reasons that one. The worship was amazing, the choir was on fire, and the Spirit in the sanctuary was tangible. But one thing stuck out to me. As I was on stage with the praise team, I looked up and saw a family in the balcony. A mother, father, and son. The son appeared to be, maybe 9 or 10, and he was singing praises with all the gusto that we all should have. His father, looked very much like he did not want to be there. He was sitting, while his son sang expressively, waving his hands, swaying back and forth. Honestly, he looked almost like he was at a concert, just plainly enjoying himself. I will admit, I got caught up watching him.

Then, I watched the boy grab his father by the arm, and urge him to stand. The father resisted for a moment, and then gave in, rose with obvious reluctance, and stood beside his son. Now I am not so naive to think that suddenly the father was suddenly worshipping with reverence, but it struck me, as I stood on the stage, attempting to lead people to worship, that the son had done a pretty amazing thing.

He did not let any amount of self consciousness stop him from worshipping. And even more than that, he did not let someone else's lack of worship dampen his spirit. And even more....he let his own attitude spill over to another person.

He was doing what I was supposed to be doing.....leading others to worship, but I have a sneaking suspicion that he was doing a better job than I was.

2 comments:

  1. Well said - the faith of a child:) As you know, sometimes I am so far away from it. BTW, your blog is cooooooooool! tkd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering when you would look...lol

    ReplyDelete