Monday, July 27, 2009

Butterfly Wings

Today, the girls and I took a break from cleaning and laundry to go laze in the pool for about an hour or so. We had not planned to, but it just seemed a waste to use the last few days of freedom for nothing more than cleaning, so we donned our suits and towels, and ran to the pool.

While I was sitting on the steps, listening to the girls play make-believe (which I love to do, because they play mermaids, just as I used to) a pretty amazing thing happened to me. A butterfly, that had been circling around our heads for a few minutes, lit right beside where I was sitting. I have a somewhat child-like love for butterflies, and so I stopped paying attention to the girls and watched it for a bit.


As it sat there, I had this urge to see if I could get it to sit on my finger, and so i stretched out my hand to see what would happen.

And, it actually let me scoot my finger under it and pick it up!


And then, after allowing me into its life for a few fleeting moments, it fluttered away.

2 comments: