Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tea Party


This week is Spring Break. Liv has been at the beach with a friend so it has just been Lauryn-Elizabeth and me at home alone while Kevin is at work. I thought this would be great, just the two of us, no problem. Except that Lauryn-Elizabeth and I had two VERY different ideas on what Spring Break should be like.




My idea was that we would rest, relax, just be together and chill. Her idea was that we would be active and DO stuff. See the problem? Well, it has been one, because whenever I wanted to rest and chill, she was disappointed and felt like I was letting her down.




So, today, she wanted a tea party, like the one we went to at the CEPA building on Saturday. I was not particularly interested in putting forth the effort to get one together, but decided that I would since she REALLY wanted one.




So, off to the store we went to buy supplies. And, I'll admit, I was not all that excited. I really wanted to be napping. But, the more she shopped and the more animated Lauryn-Elizabeth got, the more excited I got too. By the time we left, we had told the man who checked us out all about our plans, and I was actually looking forward to this.


We arrive home, and the preparations began full throttle. I made the sandwiches, and Lauryn-Elizabeth washed the fruit (and ate some too) Then I cut the fruit up for our salad. She arranged things on the platters and placed them decoratively on the table. We do not have a tablecloth for our round kitchen table, so we improvised with a bed sheet. (Though, we had a slight roadblock when I realised she had put on the fitted sheet.......).


In the end the menu was as follows:



  • finger sandwiches -- cream cheese and peach jelly (surprisingly good), and chicken salad

  • fruit salad compete with blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries

  • mini muffins in 3 flavors-- banana nut, lemon, and blueberry

  • strawberry shortcake

  • raspberry hot tea with sugar and cream

  • Milano cookies

And, I am glad I did not take a nap ;)


3 comments:

  1. that's so sweet!! WAY better memories than the nap!! And I'm sure that she thinks that you are the best mom EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet story, Did she hold her little pinky out while sipping tea?!?!?!!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacque, thanks. She was SOOO excited!

    Terri, you know, surprisingly, I do not think she remembered to. Which is funny since she does even at supper, all the time! Though, we had a second tea party with Liv when she returned from the beach!

    ReplyDelete